FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF LATIN AMERICAN INTEGRATION (UNILA)
Foz do Iguaçu (Brazil), October 1 and 2, 2020
ANNOUNCEMENT N ° 1
The Interdisciplinary Study and Research Group on Transnational Capitals, State, Dominant Classes and Conflict in Latin America and the Caribbean (GIEPTALC), the National Institute of Science and Technology in Public Policies, Strategies and Development (INCT-PPED), Collective of Social Studies and Research (CEISO) and the Observatory Social Central America and the Caribbean (OSACC) convene the 1st International Conference “Latin America-Asia Relations” to be held on October 1 and 2, 2020 at the Federal University of Latin American Integration (UNILA), Foz do Iguaçu (Brazil).
GIEPTALC, INCT-PPED, CEISO and OSACC invite researchers, academics, professionals, representatives of institutions, NGOs, officials, undergraduate and graduate students, and the general public to submit a presentation proposal before June 15, 2020.
- Axis 1: Agriculture and Agribusiness (Fernando Romero Wimer [GIEPTALC-UNILA])
- Axis 2: Commercial relations, investments and financial capital (Paula Fernández Hellmund [OSACC-UNILA] -Fabio Borges [BRICS Observatory of NEEGI-UNILA])
- Axis 3: Infrastructure, mining and energy (Carlos Henrique Santana [UNILA- INCT-PPED] – Flavio Gaitán [UNILA- INCT-PPED])
- Axis 4: International cooperation, culture and migration (Brenda RUPAR (Universidad de Buenos Aires [UBA]/ Universidad Nacional de Quilmes [UNQUI]/ Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas [CONICET], Argentina)
“Asia-Latin America Relations: problems and challenges in the 21st century”
(Wang Siming, Nanjing Agricultural University)
“Asia and Latin America in international geopolitics”
(Abdul NAFEY, Jawaharlal Nehru University)
SUMMON AND ORGANIZE:
- Interdisciplinary study and research group on transnational capitals, state, ruling classes and conflicts in Latin America and the Caribbean (GIEPTALC), Brazil.
- National Institute of Science and Technology in Public Policies, Strategies and Development (INCT-PPED), Brazil.
- Social Observatory of Central America and the Caribbean (OSACC), Brazil.
- Collective of Social Studies and Research (CEISO), Argentina.
- Latin American Council of Social Sciences (CLACSO)
- Mercosur Institute for Advanced Studies (IMEA-UNILA)
- Interdisciplinary Center for Integration and International Relations (CIIRI-UNILA)
- International Relations and Integration Career (UNILA)
- Specialization in Contemporary International Relations (UNILA)
- Graduate Program in International Relations (PPGRI-UNILA)
- Paula FERNÁNDEZ HELLMUND (OSACC/ GIEPTALC/ UNILA, BRAZIL)
- Fernando ROMERO WIMER (GIEPTALC/ OSACC/ UNILA, BRAZIL)
- Flavio GAITÁN (UNILA/ INCT -PPED, BRAZIL)
- Enrique VALENCIA LOMELÍ (Asia and Oceania Latin American Studies Council [CELAO], University of Guadalajara, México)
- Renato BOSCHI (Institute of Social And Political Studies [IESP] -Universidade do Estado do Rio De Janeiro [UERJ]/ INCT-PPED, Brazil)
- ZHANG Min (Nanjing Agricultural University, People’s Republic of China)
- WANG Siming (Nanjing Agricultural University, República Popular China)
- Ana Célia CASTRO (Institute For Brazil-China Studes [IBRACH] – Universidade Federal Rio De Janeiro [UFRJ], Brazil)
- Abdul NAFEY (Centre for Canadian, US & Latin American Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India)
- Andriele Arnaud SANTOS DA SILVA (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Bianca Petermann STOECKL (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Baltazar Ernesto ZERO (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Carlos Henrique SANTANA (UNILA/ INCT-PPED)
- Diego Alexander ZUÑIGA GOMEZ (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Edderson MENDOZA FRANCO (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Héctor COLMENAREZ (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Glaucya SCHEFFER (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Gustavo Nicolas RETAMAL (UNILA)
- Jacqueline CORVALÁN (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- José Renato VIEIRA MARTINS (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Juan Andrés Camilo VALENCIA JARAMILLO (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Julia DALBOSCO (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Lorena GOMES GONZAGA DA COSTA (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- María Mercedes ÁVALOS ROMERO (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Milagros Yessenia CALCINA CAMA (UNILA)
- Paula DE SOUSA CONSTANTE (UNICAMP)
- Pablo SENRA TORVISO (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Sebastián SARAPURA (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- Yanet Lorena QUISPE CHÁVEZ (GIEPTALC-UNILA)
- William BRITO (UNILA)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRESENTING EXPANDED SUMMARIES:
The summary should clearly present the results of an investigation or topic to be discussed, including the title, the objectives of the work, the theoretical aspects, the methodology and the main content of the analysis. The length is 800 to 1,500 words and the proposed axis number must be indicated.
The presentation of extended abstracts is accepted until June 15, 2020, online, through the email email@example.com, in Word file format. Abstracts in Portuguese, Spanish and English are accepted.
The papers will be presented orally on October 1 and 2, 2020 on an online platform previously informed to the subscribers.